"This is how we know what love is, that Christ laid down His life for us, so we too should lay down our lives for others." 1 John 3:16

Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Sun, Shine On..

     It's been about a month and a half since being back home, and time is flying by like we knew it would! On July 2nd, one of my close friends got married to the love of her life in the beautiful hills of Santa Barbara. I had the honor to be in their wedding party on that hot summer day.  I flew down in time for the bachelorette party and last minute wedding preparations. Jason was able to join me a couple days later and ended up being a huge help (as he always is) setting up for the day of the wedding. The wedding was beautiful, as was the gorgeous bride! It was wonderful celebrating their union and their new covenant between each other.  My parents and brother were at the wedding too, so Jason and I had a great time spending some time with them.

      After the wedding, it was officially vacation time! We headed out with my family to San Louis Obispo, about an hour north of Santa Barbara to stay with a relative on my mom's side of the family. We were there for the the 4th of July, and like anyone would on that night, went to a drive-in movie theatre! Well, I guess that's not exactly the tradition for our country, but we decided to change it up a bit. :) It was relaxing an lots of fun just hanging out with my family for a couple days. I miss being able to spend more time with them. I am hoping that they will move to Oregon someday to be closer to us!

      After a couple of days in SLO, my parents, Jason and I jumped in my dad's truck and headed north to Angels Camp, CA. There we met Jason's family at a resort where we stayed for 4 days. We had a ton of fun touring caves, exploring redwood and sequoia forests, swimming and tubing on the nearby lake and playing card games. Jason and I are SO blessed to have AMAZING families that actually get along, and by getting along, I mean love each other! We really enjoy being with each other and have a ton of fun together. We could have definitely spent more time with all of them, and are so thankful for the time that we were able to spend with all of them.

     So now it's back to remodel construction for Jason and for me, enjoying the Oregon sun (when it decides to shine it's face upon us), time to breath, rest, enjoy spending time with friends, farmers markets and setting new goals for myself.

     I hope all of you are enjoying this summer with your family and friends. I would love to hear what this summer entails for you! Feel free to comment, or send us an email!

Love,
The Wortmans

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that your vacation went so wonderfully! :)

    And very excited to see you two yet again tonight!!

    Nics

    ReplyDelete